“Do not neglect the meeting together of brethren as some of you are in the habit.” – Hebrews 10:25
JOIN A SAFARI GROUP TODAY
A Safari Group is a weekly neighbourhood fellowship gathering that aims at empowering each believer with the word of God and fellowship. John 7.37
All Christian believers are encouraged to join a Bible study (Safari) group.
Our Asian members are encouraged to create Life Transformation Groups – nano groups of two or three believers – for deeper Bible study, intercession and accountability. Click here to learn more about LTGs.
As the Chinese saying goes, “If you want to go fast, go alone, but if you want to go far, go with others”. Because the journey of faith can be challenging, believers are therefore encouraged and expected to walk and grow together through:
- Bible study
- Care for one another, etc.
As the church grows bigger in numbers; it needs to grow smaller through small groups for maximum learning, growth, and care.
Vision: A healthy and vibrant group that deepens its roots in Christ and widens its boundary in community: Connecting, equipping, transforming and multiplying. The Safari Group is the discipleship cog for the whole family, the apex of the journey. It replaces small group, Neighbourhood Bible study group and growing together groups.
It is an intentional gathering of a given number (2- 14) of CITAM members who meet regularly within a neighbourhood to spur one another to become Spirit filled-Christ like disciples. It provides a none threatening climate that is conducive to an honest exchange of ideas where participants can wrestle with life transformational issues. The driving force is the concept that life change happens in the context of community, “we can never realize the likeness of Christ by ourselves alone.” – Julie Gorman. The Safari group is a one stop shop: there is provision for children, youth, couples, single and teenagers to connect as they engage their pertinent growth issues alongside the wider group growth strategies.
- Foster close relationships in the context of a mega church.
- Provides a comfortable setting for every member to freely engage.
- A tremendous tool for discipleship.
- Gets you involved using your gifts.
- Engages you in pastoral care.
- Cultivates leaders and give opportunities for leadership development within the church.
- Provides a source of encouragement and accountability.
- A faster and stronger integration into the church by the members.
- Members of a small group get to know each other in a better way.
- New believers find encouragement in fellowship.
- Believers are able to share their personal testimonies and experiences in their Christian walk.
- The Bible is studied more carefully, with emphasis on application.
- Believers find comfort and support during times of bereavement and illness
- Certain small groups cater to people in their mother tongue.
- To create an environment that facilitates an authentic encounter with God.
- To provide opportunity for interactive Study of the Word of God.
- To encourage Prayer and Worship.
- To create an opportunity for Fellowship, Accountability, and Care for the whole family.
- To encourage Witnessing and Mission.
- To develop and mentor Leadership.
Every Safari Group has a Safari Group Leader (SGL). This person provides oversight to the group to ensure that objectives are realized and the overall health of the group. For administration and effective growth of the groups, the groups are arranged and structured regionally.
The following is a list of our (ever increasing) Safari Groups. Contact us now. Let us know your address and other contact details so that we can place you in a suitable Safari Group.
- Mpaka Road
- Second Avenue
- Masari Hill Road
- Jalaram Road
- Githuri Road
CITY PARK ESTATE
KILIMANI – LAVINGTON